Monday, July 24, 2006

fluffy (i want you)



I kind of feel like someone who's written ten symphonies, but is best remembered for an advertisement jingle. Okay, that's gross hyperbole. Had I known that kittens would get me my first NewMusicBox appearance and lots of first-time commentors (welcome!), I'd have done it a long time ago. After all, if Alex Ross can, why can't I? Not to worry: upon further reflection, I won't be converting wholesale to Hallmark-worthy clichés.

Initially, the kitten project was much more ambitious: a Feline Big Brother, with readers voting on which kitten to keep and which to kick out, as well as choosing a name for the winner. Regular photos and videos of their progress would have been posted. Too much trouble, as it turned out. It's probably best for them not to become media stars at such a young age, anyway. I'll now be returning to the real cats, like those who play on Ascenseur pour l'échafaud.