Monday, December 22, 2003

Citizen Jazz update

There was supposed to be a page with a list of Citizen Jazz's top CDs of 2003, but I don't know where that got to. Anyway, amongst it all, I contributed three album reviews:

Ancesthree - Ancesthree A very nice sax-guitar-bass chamber jazz trio. It actually came out towards the end of 2002, but it was sent to me only recently.

Atomic - Boom Boom This one has to be one of the quickest album reviews I've ever done. Listened to it, loved it, went back to their first album and wrote the sucker. You saw it here first.

Jan de Haas - Doing My Thing Another relatively quickly-done review (I'm working on improving my turnaround time). This is a nice mainstream date led by drummer-turned-vibraphonist-when-leader Jan de Haas. It's a good follow-up to Bart Defoort's The Lizard Game, but you wouldn't know that, as Citizen Jazz published the de Haas review before the Defoort review, even though the Defoort came out months ago and I handed in my review well before the de Haas. Grrrr....