Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I would go to the club but I'm too busy praying

I came across the kookiest answer ever to the question Who is Responsible for the Sorry State of Jazz? in the All About Jazz forums:

Date: 06-Aug-1998 09:45:00
From: Judy Coverton
The reason jazz has taken a backseat in my life is because I became a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ! Therefore, I've switched partners. I was once a die-hard jazz fan! Had been for years, as a matter of fact. I'm still a jazz fan. Fortunately for me, there is gospel. I know for a fact, we can't keep those cd's in stock at the Gospel book stores, because I work in such a store, and we are forever placing orders for gospel jazz.

By the way, I'm 43. I believe the saving knowledge of Christ wiped out a large percent of that 'vanishing' jazz audience. Jazz is good, but gospel jazz is awesome, when done to the glory of God, God in turn puts an anointing on it that cannot be matched!

(emphasis mine)

Well, if God Himself is against you, there isn't much you can do, is there?